quicktype news vol. 2
quicktype has made awesome progress in the last couple of months. Here's a recap of everything new, including some video demos and tutorials. We’re also launching a quicktype contest with up to $800 in prizes!
- Added C++ support
- Published a video tutorial series that will teach you to implement a new target language
- Released an improved CLI with the ability to quicktype a directory of samples and early support for GraphQL
- Published two videos demonstrating IDE integration for VS Code and Xcode
- Reached 199 stars on GitHub.
Read this blog post for more details on the ability to quicktype a directory–it will completely change the way you use quicktype. Here's a quick demo:
Seeking contributors for new languages
We’re having a contest
We want to learn how people use quicktype, so we’re having a contest to see who can write the best blog post or make the best screencast showing it off. Explain how you use quicktype in your own projects, or demo an interesting use for quicktype that we haven't thought of yet. The best submissions will win one of the following:
- Best Blog: $100 gift certificate or $200 donated to charity in your name.
- Best Screencast: $150 gift certificate or $300 donated to charity in your name.
- Super Bonus: Double your reward if your blog or screencast features a new target language that you implemented yourself!
To enter the contest, simply publish a blog or screencast about quicktype and tweet it to @quicktypeio before January 1, 2018. We’ll judge submissions on clarity, creativity, and technical merit.